Buseesa Community Development Organisation (BCDO) is a development organization targeting the poor, less skilled people in household income projects and health. BCDO is duly incorporated as a company Limited by Guarantee and not having a share capital according to the law of Uganda and therefore it’s not a profit development organization.
BCDO seeks to recruit a competent and qualified staff to fill the following vancany.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Purpose: Supply administrative support to accountants by performing clerical tasks such as filing, handling mail, making phone calls, replying to emails and basic bookkeeping.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Monitoring daily communications and answering any queries.
- Preparing statutory accounts. Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Recording and filing cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Invoice processing and filing.
- Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve.
- Bank reconciliation. Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers.
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately. Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Competent IT skills, particularly proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- High level of accuracy. Extremely organized in a manner that is easily read by others.
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Administrative skills.
- Qualifications / Experience: The applicant should be a Ugandan National with either a Diploma in Business Administration (Accounting) or Finance (Accounting) or its equivalent from a recognized university. At least one years of experience in financial management or related accounting duties in a busy public or private organization.
- Should be able to ride a motorcycle.
How to application: Applicants who meet the above qualifications should submit their online through firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com ; to the office of the Executive Director, Busesa Community Development Organization, Buseesa Trading Centre, Kibaale District, Mid Western Uganda , P. O. Box 210001 Mubende.
Deadline for application is 5th August, 2021.
Download full advert below